Mark Escueta and Jolina Magdangal engaged to be married

Mark Escueta and Jolina Magdangal are now ready to settle down as married couple since Mark already proposed to the singer-actress and she said "Yes!"

Mark Escueta and Jolina Magdangal | Photo souce: davaobase.com

The wedding proposal was made by the Rivermaya drummer near midnight on May 20 while the two were having a picnic at a park in Tahanan Village, Parañaque City.

According to a PhilStar article by Ricky Lo, "Mark told Jolina that he had a surprise for her, went to the car to get the scrapbook that he gave Jolina during their early days together, with the last three pages left blank."

“We reviewed the scrapbook again and Jolina was surprised when she got to the last three pages. On the first two pages, I wrote my messages to her and on the third page may picture ng kamay ko na hawak ko ‘yung ring. Then, I closed the scrapbook and underneath it, I had on my hand the ring. By this time, we were already crying. I knelt down and said, ‘Mahal, will you marry me?’” Mark told Ricky Lo.

“Even before Mark could finish his question, I said ‘yes’ na right away. We finished crying and started hugging,” Jolina reportedly said.

Mark Escueta , 35, and Jolina Magdangal 32, became lovers sometime in 2009.