Anna Kournikova to train 'The Biggest Loser 12' contestants

Anna Kournikova the famous tennis superstar is going to train the contestants of the U.S. version of "The Biggest Loser 12". Kournikova herself announced it through her blog saying she's excited about starting to work in the show. Here's what she wrote.

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to finally be able to tell you guys some amazing news about a project that I have been working on for a long time…

I am officially the new trainer on The Biggest Loser on NBC!!!!

I can't wait to get started on the show and to share everything that I have learned throughout my years as a professional athlete, and I really feel like this is going to be the perfect fit! Living a healthy lifestyle has always been such a huge part of me, and I am beyond excited to get to work!

I will have so much more to share with you guys once we get started on this really cool adventure!

Stay tuned for more to come!

"The Biggest Loser US", which has several worldwide versions, is a reality show about obese people competing to lose the most weight just before the season ends. Its 11th Season has just ended last month.

Kournikova, who already appeared on the show as a guest celebrity trainer, will now be seen regularly on the next season which will premier within this year.

Photo courtesy of Anna Kournikova