Charice tweets on slain father: 'We had a great relationship'

Charice, upon learning about the tragic death of her father, Ricky Pempengco, tweeted Tuesday that she had a "great relationship" with him despite everything. Charice added that she "loved" him and "will still love him."

"Last night, may kasama ako pero sabi ko kamukha nya daddy ko." Charice tweeted. "Di ko alam na nagpaparamdam na pala sya. Gusto ko lang malaman nyo, na we had a really great relationship bago nangyari lahat ng gulo. Sinabi niya sa akin nung ako'y bata pa na hindi actually alam ni mommy, gusto nya akong maging sundalo kasi sabi niya matapang daw ako. I loved him and I will still love him. He's still my Dad after all."

[Last night, I was with someone who looked like my dad. I have no idea it was a premonition. I just want you to know that we had a great relationship before all these things happened. He told me when I was younger, which my mommy did not know about, that he wanted me to be a soldier because I am brave. I loved him and I will still love him. He's my dad after all.]

Charice's parents had been separated since she was still 3 years old. Her father reportedly became violent because of drug abuse which according to Charice's mom was the reason why they left him.

Charice's father was killed in a stabbing incident close to midnight on Monday in San Pedro, Laguna.

Meanwhile, via Twitter, the Pinay singing sensation apologized to her Singaporean fans since she cannot perform with her mentor David Foster in a series of concerts at the Grand Theatre on Marina Bay Sands because she is flying back to Manila to attend her dad's wake and funeral.

"I am very sorry to all my fans from Singapore. I am not going to be there to be part of David Foster and Friends concert. I have to go back to the Philippines as soon as possible to be with my family. I hope you all understand. I love you all and I will see you next year," Charice said.