Beyonce pregnant with first child




Beyonce pregnant with first child | Photo courtesy of MTV
Beyonce is pregnant!

Beyonce herself revealed the news at the recently concluded 2011 MTV Video Music Awards.

While walking on the red carpet, she hinted the press she has "a surprise."

On stage, following her electrifying performance of her song "Love on Top," Beyonce unbuttoned her jacket, showed her baby bump and told the crowd that she is expecting her first child with Jay-Z.

“I want you to feel the love that’s growing inside of me," Beyonce said.

In her recent interview with In Style magazine, Beyonce had said,  “Now I’m a woman, and because I gave it my all, I can focus on my marriage. I can decide I want to have kids. I can be the mother I want to be and dedicate myself to my children.”

The pregnancy announcement made history in the popular social networking site Twitter.

"Last night at 10:35 pm, Beyonce's big MTV #VMA moment gave Twitter a record bump: 8,868 Tweets per second," Twitter Global announced.

The previous record was 7,196 tweets per second which was made last July during the grand final match between Japan and USA in the women's World Cup.

Meanwhile, among the tweets pertaining to Beyonce's pregnancy included those from the singer's friends and family. Among them were the following:

“I’m sooo happy for Beyonce & Jay Z,” reality TV star Kim Kardashian tweeted. “Be’s preggo!!! Congrats!”

“I Finally get to say congratulations to Beyoncé and Sean Carter,” singer-song writer The Dream tweeted. “Bless You Both!”

“We couldn’t be more excited,” Beyonce's little sister Angie tweeted. “The sweet anticipation of the new arrival!”

Beyonce, 29, and Jay-Z, 41, got married on April 4, 2008 in New York City.