11-year-old mayor renames street after Justin Bieber



11-year-old mayor names street "Justin Bieber Way" | AP
Caroline Gonzalez, an 11-year-old girl who won a "Mayor for a Day" contest, renamed a street in her hometown after teen singer Justin Bieber when she took office for a short period of time.



After a request from the tween mayor, a sign saying "Justin Bieber Way" went up on Main Street during a ceremony in Forney, Texas Tuesday.



Caroline said she likes the "Baby" singer so much that is why she rebranded the street in his honor.



"Because I really like Justin Bieber, I like his music and I like him. And I thought, why not have a street in my hometown named after my favorite singer?" she told E! Online.



According to Press Association (PA), the contest meant to get young people interested in municipal government. It added that Caroline is active in student council, recycling and community service projects.



The sign, which cost the local government about 20 dollars, was displayed only for the said day, PA said.



Update: The sign was reportedly stolen. A new sign was made and will be up until Monday, the first day of school. - Dallas Morning News