Joseph Carlo Candare, the UP student who blogged about killing cat pleads 'guilty'

Joseph Carlo Candare, a BS Applied Physics student at UP Diliman who blogged about how he killed a cat, pleaded guilty on Thursday in a Manila Court. Candare's punishment includes taking care of more than 200 maltreated or abandoned cats in an animal shelter.

The said blog post appeared on the 21-year-old's Multiply account in 2009 which he later deleted after it caused outrage from people who read it. However, the Philippine Animal Welfare Society got hold of a screenshot of the blog and filed charges against the student.

Here are excerpts of the said blog entry:

"I pulled it on its tail and threw it. Then like some pro wrestler I jumped on it and my feet landed on it's torso. Slam! Felt good! But the cat didn't die, well not yet."

"I didn't see it die but Myles said it coughed up blood or at least something like that.... This isn't the first time I've killed a cat but this time it's different,"

"Now everyone knows I hate cats. It's an unexplainable feeling towards them. Like some internal hatred. I just don't know why but I just cannot overcome my hatred for cats."